PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
“Personal information” means information or an opinion that is capable of reasonably identifying an individual, whether that information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
The types of personal information we may collect from you includes (but is not limited to):
- Postal address;
- Email address;
- Telephone and/or mobile phone number(s);
- Information such as credit or debit card information; and
- Your opinions on our products/blog and details of, for example, your purchasing/ health/ eating routines if you chose to participate in our online surveys.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We may collect personal information from you in variety of ways, including when you:
- Sign-up for an account on our Website or when you manage/change your account information;
- Place orders for and/or purchase the products on our Website;
- Visit the Website, Facebook page and other social media webpages that we manage and provide comments;
- Provide feedback on our products or customer service by, for example, email, phone or via our Website or social media pages;
- Contact us by phone, email, post or via our Website enquiry forms;
- Apply for employment with us;
- Subscribe to receive our newsletters or other promotional materials; and
- Sign-up to participate in surveys, competitions or other promotional activities. Please note that our promotions, competitions and surveys are usually subject to their own terms and conditions, which may also address additional privacy matters.
We may also collect your personal information from third parties. This may include (but is not limited to):
- Law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- Payment service providers;
- Someone duly authorised to act on your behalf; and
- Your referees and/or previous employers, where you have applied for employment with us.
Your personal information will only be collected from third parties if it is unreasonable or impractical to collect that personal information from you directly. If and when we do collect personal information from third parties, we will take reasonable steps in the circumstances to inform you of this collection and obtain your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not share your information with any other organisations other than related companies for competitions and those third parties directly related to the delivery of the products you have purchased from AJ Bush & Sons website.
In exceptional circumstances, we may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes.
AJ Bush & Sons is committed to complying with the Privacy Act and the National Privacy principles.
The Company may use third parties to provide essential services on our Website or for our business processes. We may share your details as necessary for the third party to provide that service. These third parties may include:
- Third party service providers, dealers, agents and contractors who assist us in managing our business or operating our Website, such as business support services, payment processors, webhosting service providers, cloud storage providers, distribution houses and delivery service providers etc;
- Sponsors and/or promoters of any competition that we conduct;
- Our professional advisors which could include lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors;
- Anyone to whom our assets or business (or any part thereof) may be transferred;
- Law enforcement bodies to assist in their functions, courts of law or as otherwise required or authorised by law; and
- Regulatory and/or government bodies for the purposes of resolving customer complaints or investigations.
Check the “Help” menu of your browser for more information on cookies should you wish to change your preferences. You may disable cookies or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you do disable cookies, we may be unable to provide you with an optimised visit to our Website and you may experience some errors. Refer to your browser instructions or help screens to learn about these functions.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to maintain the integrity and store securely your personal information to protect it from interference, misuse and loss and from unauthorised use, access, modification or disclosure.
When you enter information, such as credit card numbers, on our Website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We never permanently store complete credit card details.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we have received it.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can email us at email@example.com.
AJ Bush & Sons sends by email Newsletters to those who subscribe to the service. Our Newsletters contain the latest blog post, product information, news and/or promotional offers. If you would like to unsubscribe, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the unsubscribe link in any electronic Newsletter we send to you.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are entitled to access and correct the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in the information corrected. However, in order to maintain the accuracy of your personal information, we rely on the quality of the information you provide to us.
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our products or services, you may correct, update or delete your personal information by logging into your account or you can deactivate your account by emailing us at or by contacting us using the Contact Details below.
If you would like to access any of the personal information we hold about you, you may do so by sending us an email to email@example.com or by contacting us using the Contact Details below and informing us that you wish to access your personal information.
There are some circumstances specified by law where we may refuse your request for access to your personal information. However, if one of these circumstances applies, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for refusal, unless it would be unreasonable to provide that notice.
Once we receive your request for access, we will endeavour to respond to your request within a reasonable period after the request is made.
If you have any concerns or a complaint about a breach of your privacy or the way we have handled your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us using the Contact Details below and inform us of the nature of your complaint.
We will then investigate your complaint and endeavour to provide you with our response within a reasonable time. If, after receiving our response you still consider that your privacy complaint remains unresolved, you may then, for example, refer your concern to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au.
The content within this Website are the personal views and/or opinions of the Website/ blog owner. These views or opinions do not represent those of people, institutions or organisations that the owner may or may not be associated with in a professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly stated.
Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organisation, company, or individual.
The Website contains information by a variety of sources, both internal and external. The material appearing on the Website is provided for informational purposes only. It should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult your professional healthcare providers before beginning any new treatment. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site.
The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
The photos used on this site are either original content of the Company or sourced product photos from our suppliers. If you believe we have shared a copyrighted image by mistake please email us a written notice with the following information:
- You must identify the copyrighted work you believe to be infringed;
- Which page/ post on our website this image was included (include the link to the page as confirmation);
- A statement by you that you have in good faith the belief that the use of the content identified in your notice is not authorised by the copyright/trademark owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you that you attest, under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the owner’s behalf; and
- Your physical or electronic signature, together with your contact information (address, telephone number and email address).
We will investigate and get back you.
Any downloadable files on the site, including but not limited to PDF’s, doc’s, jpeg’s, png’s, are provided at the end-user’s own risk. The Company will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages resulting from a corrupted or damaged file.
Comments are both appreciated and welcome! However, we reserve the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this blog without notice including but not limited to the following:
- Comments deemed to be spam or questionable content;
- Comments including profanity;
- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive; and
- Comments containing hate speech, credible threats, or direct attacks on an individual or group
The Company will not be held responsible for comments left by readers – lets love, not hate!
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on AJ Bush & Sons Pty Ltd and its related entities.
AJ BUSH & SONS AND THE GDRP
On the 25th May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) went into effect within the European Union. The GDPR replaces the 1995 Data Protection Directive and is aimed to consolidate the various privacy laws across the member states. You can read more about the GDPR here https://www.eugdpr.org/
The GDPR introduces classification of Personal data which is described as;
- Anything that contains a person’s name, email, address, phone number etc which directly identifies that user; and
- Non-directly identifying information (Pseudonymous data) which does not allow for the identifying of a user but does allow for tracking of users interests. These identifiers consist of: Cookie IDs, Hashed email addresses, Mobile Advertising IDs and other identifiers that allow us to anonymously identify your browser.
The GDPR encourages the use of pseudonymous information as it reduces the risk associated with personal data and maintaining this data amongst various systems. By rendering data pseudonymous, data controllers (Publishers) can benefit from new, relaxed standards under the GDPR. For example, Article 6(4)(e) permits the processing of pseudonymised data for uses beyond the purpose for which the data was originally collected. When you browse our website, AJ Bush & Sons use pseudonymous identifiers to track browsing behaviour and shopping intent to show relevant advertising and use this approach in our targeting systems.
AJ Bush & Sons Pty Ltd