In about 1908, Alfred John Bush completed his butchering apprenticeship. By 1909 he had established his own retail shop in Newcastle.
He started with one butcher shop and over his time and that of his sons, opened over 100 retail shops in the Newcastle, South Coast and Sydney areas.
Also during this period, the company expanded to include an abbattoir in NSW and two rendering and manufacturing plants, one in NSW and another in QLD.
Today the Company’s retail division trades as ‘Bush’s Fresh Meats’ butcher shops at a few select locations. The head offices still operate from their original offices on Parramatta Road, Homebush. The Company remains owned and operated by the Bush family.
Our company is rich in family history, from how we started to where we are today. Want to learn about us a little more? Click here.